This post was last updated on November 4th, 2021 at 04:27 pm
You’ve probably wondered, can you send a fax from Gmail? It’s 2020, and we expect Google to have this available. After all, everyone uses Gmail for personal and business purposes. Luckily, Gmail Fax has made business easier by creating the easiest and fastest way to send a fax. So, when you get that phone call from your boss asking you to fax something ASAP, know that Gmail Fax is the way to go.
Can You Send a Fax From Gmail?
With online fax services like RingCentral, you can now fax documents whenever and wherever. You no longer need to find a fax machine because you can do it all from your mobile phone or laptop. Plus, you can fax using cloud-based services like Dropbox and Google Drive.
You can also legally sign documents with the electronic signature feature and set up a date and time for your documents to fax automatically. All you need is a Gmail account and an online fax service to receive a google fax number. We highly recommend RingCentral.
What Is a Google Fax Number?
A Google fax number is simply an online fax number that you receive when you use an online fax service provider and link the number that they give you to your Gmail account, which enables you to send through your Gmail account.
How Do I Get a Gmail Fax Number?
- Create a Gmail account
- Pick an Online Fax service (we recommend RingCentral)
- Sign up and choose either a local or a toll-free fax number (can change depending on your location)
- Link the number you’re given to your Gmail Account
Why Do You Need an Online Fax Service?
Your online fax service provides you with a virtual fax number and links it to your Gmail account so you can fax through any device, anywhere. Without this number, you can’t send a fax through Gmail.
Are There Free Online Fax Services?
Some websites allow you to fax for free, but with limitations like:
- Limited number of pages
- One fax per day, per IP
- No incoming faxes
What’s the Best Online Fax Service?
RingCentral is strongly recommended because they provide you with a free Google fax number. When you sign up, you get a 30-day trial of the same service that a premium user would for 30 days without limitations. Some other important features include:
- Dedicated fax numbers or toll-free local numbers
- Compatibility with any device
- PC/IOS applications
- Detailed reports
- Scheduling feature
- Flexible plans
- 24/7 support
How to Fax Using Your Google Fax Number
Now that you have your Gmail account and your online fax number, you are ready to fax documents to the boss or coworker.
- Log into your Gmail account and click the “Compose Email” tab.
- Enter the fax number the same way you would enter an email address in the recipient box, with no spaces or dashes and the fax company extension (for example, ##########@rcfax.com)
- Add your message in the subject line, which is your cover page message
- In the body of the email, type your fax and then attach the documents you wish to fax.
- Click send!
How to Receive a Fax to Your Email
Online faxing makes it easy to send and receive a fax. Once the fax is sent to you, your internet fax provider receives it and converts it into a PDF and forwards it to your email.
Times are changing, and technology is making a lot of things simpler. Get online faxing through RingCentral and make your life easier today!